Recommended Hardware for 4-GPU Rendering (Threadripper Pro 5000)
These hardware specifications can be out of date. If you wish to inquire about a design for a specific workload, please feel free to contact us.
Overview of Recommended Hardware for 4-GPU Rendering (Threadripper Pro 5000)
Our recommended hardware for 4-GPU rendering is built around the Threadripper Pro 5000 platform with 4 RTX A4500 20GB video cards. This combination provides a very smooth editing workflow, as well as fast final rendering.
This platform is currently limited to 128 threads, 7 single-slot or 4 dual-slot GPUs, and 2TB of memory. Please let us know if you need a more robust platform.
Start The Conversation About Your New Workstation!
This workstation is designed for use in applications such as Octane, Redshift, and VRay. This system uses a 16-core Threadripper Pro 5955WX CPU, 128GB DDR4 RAM, 1.5TB NVME, and 4 RTX A4500 20GB video cards.
Design of Recommended Hardware for 4-GPU Rendering (Threadripper Pro 5000)
Processor: Threadripper Pro 5955WX
- High single-core performance needed to drive several video cards
- Can be upgraded to a 32-core 5975WX or 64-core 5995WX
- Faster, cheaper, has more desktop-grade functionality than Xeon W/Scalable
- Extremely high PCI-E Gen4 lane count (128)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S TR4
- Powerful enough to handle even a 64-core CPU under heavy load
- Built to run quiet under heavy load
- More reliable than liquid cooling due to not having a pump that can fail
Motherboard: Asus Pro WS WRX80 Sage SE WIFI
- High build quality and excellent power delivery
- Support for 7 video cards
- Simple visual design
- Twin onboard 10G and WIFI
- Supports both non-ECC and ECC memory (up to 8x256GB ECC)
Memory: Kingston Fury Beast 8x16GB DDR4-3200
- 8x6GB DDR4-3200 for full memory bandwidth
Storage: Kingston KC3000 512GB (OS+Programs) + Kingston KC3000 1TB (Main)
- High capacity, speed, and reliability
Video Card: 4x RTX A4500 20GB
- Rendering performance
- Memory capacity and bandwidth
- Multi-GPU cooling performance
- Long-term stability
- NVLink Support
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
- High build quality
- Room for 4 blower-style GPUs at the same time
- Excellent airflow design
Fans: 9x Phanteks PH-F120T30
- High build quality
- Sufficient airflow for stable operation under full load
- Low noise
Power Supply: EVGA P2 1600W
- Superior build quality, capacity, and efficiency
About Top Flight Computers
Top Flight Computers is based in North Carolina and designs bespoke computers, specializing in workstations, gaming computers, and water cooling.
We believe that fostering and strengthening authentic personal relationships with our customers is the most important part of our business. Above all, we want to help you get exactly what you need to be successful.
If you need more than a mass-market pre-built system, trust our technical excellence and dedication to personal service to design and build your bespoke PC.