Recommended Hardware for DaVinci Resolve (Threadripper Pro)
These hardware specifications can be out of date. If you wish to inquire about a design for a specific workload, please feel free to contact us.
Overview of Recommended Hardware for DaVinci Resolve (Threadripper Pro)
Our recommended hardware for DaVinci Resolve (Threadripper Pro) workstation is built around the Threadripper Pro 5000 platform with twin RTX A4500 20GB video cards. This combination provides plenty of speed for general operation, high core count for heavily threaded tasks, and large amounts of VRAM.
This platform is currently limited to 128 threads, 7 GPUs, and 2TB of memory. Please let us know if you need a more robust platform.
Start The Conversation About Your New Workstation!
This workstation is designed for use in DaVinci Resolve. This system uses a 24-core Threadripper Pro 5965WX CPU, 128GB DDR4 RAM, 3TB NVME, and twin RTX A4500 20GB video cards.
Design of Recommended Hardware for DaVinci Resolve (Threadripper Pro)
Processor: Threadripper Pro 5965WX
- High single-core and multi-core performance in several applications
- Faster, cheaper, has more desktop-grade functionality than Xeon W/Scalable
- Can be upgraded to a 32-core 5975WX or 64-core 5995WX
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S TR4
- Powerful enough to handle even a 64-core CPU under heavy load
- Built to run quiet under heavy load
- More reliable than liquid cooling
Motherboard: ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI
- High build quality and excellent power delivery
- Support for 7 GPU
- Support for multiple M2 NVME drives, up to 2TB of memory
- Dual onboard 10G
- Simple visual design
Memory: Kingston Fury Beast 8x16GB DDR4-3200
- 8x16GB DDR4-3200 for maximum expansion and memory bandwidth
Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB (OS+Programs) + Kingston KC3000 2TB (Main)
- High capacity
- Superior speed and reliability
Video Card: 2x RTX A4500 20GB
- Rendering performance
- Memory capacity
- Multi-GPU cooling performance
- Long-term stability
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
- High build quality
- Incredible amount of cooling potential
Fans: 6x Phanteks PH-F120T30
- High build quality
- Sufficient airflow for stable operation under full load
Power Supply: Be Quiet Straight Power 11 1000W
- Excellent build quality, capacity, and efficiency
About Top Flight Computers
Top Flight Computers is based in North Carolina and designs bespoke computers, specializing in workstations, gaming computers, and water cooling.
We believe that fostering and strengthening authentic personal relationships with our customers is the most important part of our business. Above all, we want to help you get exactly what you need to be successful.
If you need more than a mass-market pre-built system, trust our technical excellence and dedication to personal service to design and build your bespoke PC.