Recommended Hardware for SolidWorks (i7)
These hardware specifications can be out of date. If you wish to inquire about a design for a specific workload, please feel free to contact us.
Overview of Recommended Hardware for SolidWorks (i7)
Our recommended hardware for SolidWorks (i7) is built around the Z690 platform with an RTX A2000 12GB video card. This recommended hardware for SolidWorks provides a very powerful overall solution.
This platform is currently limited to 32 threads, 1 GPU, and 128GB of memory. 2-GPU setups are available, though they do require the use of a high-end DDR5 motherboard. Please let us know if you need a more robust platform.
Start The Conversation About Your New Workstation!
i7 DDR5 AEC
This workstation is designed for use in applications such as SolidWorks. This system uses a 16-core i7-13700K CPU, 64GB DDR5 RAM, 1.5TB NVME, and an RTX A2000 12GB video card.
Design of Recommended Hardware for SolidWorks (i7)
- High single-core and multi-core performance in several applications
- Relatively cheap for the performance
- Can be upgraded to a 24-core i9-13900K
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
- Powerful enough to handle the CPU under full load
- Built to run quiet even under full load
- More reliable than water cooling (though we do use water cooling when necessary)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z790-A WIFI
- High build quality and excellent power delivery
- Support for 1 GPU
- Support for multiple M2 NVME drives, up to 128GB of memory
- Simple visual design
Memory: Kingston Fury Beast 2x32GB DDR5-4800
- 2x32GB DDR5-4800 for maximum expansion
Storage: Kingston KC3000 512GB (OS+Programs) + Kingston KC3000 1TB (Main)
- High capacity, speed, and reliability
Video Card: Nvidia RTX A2000 12GB
- Rendering performance
- Single-GPU cooling performance
- Long-term stability
Case: Be Quiet Pure Base 500DX
- High build quality
- High cooling potential
Fans: 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Black
- High build quality
- Sufficient airflow for stable operation under full load
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution DF 850W
- Solid build quality, capacity, and efficiency
About Top Flight Computers
Top Flight Computers is based in North Carolina and designs bespoke computers, specializing in workstations, gaming computers, and water cooling.
We believe that fostering and strengthening authentic personal relationships with our customers is the most important part of our business. Above all, we want to help you get exactly what you need to be successful.
If you need more than a mass-market pre-built system, trust our technical excellence and dedication to personal service to design and build your bespoke PC.