We believe fostering and strengthening authentic personal relationships with our customers is the most important part of our business.
Above all, we want to help you get exactly what you need to be successful. If you need more than a mass-market pre-built system, trust our technical excellence and dedication to personal service to design and build your bespoke PC.
The Johnson Process
Named after our first tech consultant Chris Johnson, this is a comprehensive consultative process hyper-focused on the user.
Chris Johnson was part of our team from May 2020 to October 2020. He passed away suddenly on October 18th 2020 in his sleep. He will be forever in our hearts and minds, this process is dedicated to his memory and his desire to do right by the people he cared about. RIP Chris Johnson
PC builds managed by Chris include Hephaestus, The Beast, Jango, Nautilus, Data Dozer, Houdinier, The Bebop, Silver Surfer, El Rey Del Muerto, and The ArkenScripter.
- A brief phone call and/or email to get an idea of what you’re thinking about for your system.
- Don’t worry, all consultations are free, we’re here to make sure you have the perfect system for your needs.
Things We Take Into Account In Your Build
- Software Used (the more you can tell us, the better)
- Software Priority (using X software more than Y)
- Production Level (new at it, fairly good at it, full-time job)
- Games Played (the more you can tell us, the better)
- Other Non-Gaming Workloads (streaming)
- Monitor Resolution/Refresh Rate (goes to video card power required)
- Budget (there’s a reason it’s not #1 on this list)
- Future Plans (plan ahead so you aren’t stuck with several changes later)
- Noise Preferences (generally refers to cooling methods and case selection)
- Other Technical Requirements (Thunderbolt, 10G, RAID, etc)
- Visual Preferences (RGB, no-lights, specific theme)
Design and Approval
- We’ll configure a design that incorporates all of the data acquired during the consultation.
- If the design is acceptable, a quote will be issued for final review and approval, and the build can proceed. Otherwise, we’ll revise the design to fit the updated information from you.
- At any point prior to quote approval, you can contact us to have your design revised.
- Once the quote is approved, full payment of the approved hardware is required. We accept credit cards, ACH, and financing is available.
- We upload a video of customer builds on YouTube! If you decide to purchase a computer with us, we’ll have you name your build as well!
Construction & Turnaround
- Parts generally take 2 weeks to arrive, we will let you know if delays occur in shipping.
- Once all parts have arrived, we’ll build the PC. After the PC is built, we’ll post a picture gallery online.**We can live-stream your build as well on our YouTube channel, though this can delay the overall process (scheduling the stream).**
- After your PC is built, we configure the BIOS, install the OS, install necessary drivers, and stress test the system for an extended period of time. This post-build/configuration phase typically takes 1-2 weeks.
- Final shipping to you typically takes 3-5 business days. We do not recommend using priority shipping as this may lead to inadequate handling quality and shipping damage.
- If you are looking to purchase 5+ computers, add roughly 1-2 weeks additional lead time. Please contact our sales team for more information during your consultation
- All systems are subjected to extensive stress testing post-build to make sure that heavy workloads won’t cause a hardware failure.
- This includes a CPU/memory test (AIDA64), storage test on all drives (CrystalDiskMark), and a test on all video cards (OctaneBench for multi-GPU builds or Furmark for single-GPU builds).
- All testing is done with the system closed-up in a real-world desktop environment.
Final Delivery and Installation
- If you are within 20 miles of our shop in Raleigh NC, we’ll deliver your new computer to you, free of charge.
- We can also install the computer in your home or office. If you are between 20-150 miles of our shop, we can still deliver your system to you. A 55c/mi delivery fee will be applied.
- If necessary, we can ship your computer to you. This comes with added cost. If we need to ship your computer, it will be securely packed and safely surrounded with various plastic foam types.
We do not ship outside the continental USA (yes to Alaska, no to Hawaii).